Halberton, Mid Devon: Mid Devon 006B

How old are the people living here?

Mid Devon 006B sits within the Halberton ward under the local district authority of Mid Devon. The roads that make up this catchment are listed at the bottom of this page.

This compares the ages of the people that live here against the wider region (which is the South West of England).

Interesting highlights

The ages of the residents that live in this area are largely in line the regional average age distribution.

Under 20's
25.0%
Over 60's
26.3%

Overall, this area has a moderately lower proportion of young people in comparison with the South West of England - 49% of people living here are under the age of 45.

The average age of residents living around here is 45 years old. This is 3 years more than across this region, which sits at 42 years old.

In general, inner city areas show high concentrations of people aged 18-30, suburbs show larger numbers of small children and adults aged 30-50; and rural and small towns are more popular with older workers and retirees.

Families and pensioners

In this area, there are a significantly higher number of young children in comparison with the whole of the South West.

In addition to this, 26.3% of the population living here are pensioners - this is 0.1% fewer pensioners when compared against the wider South West of England region. Overall, across the South West of England, 26.4% of the population are pensioners.

Age Proportion of people in this age range Compared to the regional average
0 to 9 12.5% 17%
10 to 19 12.5% 6%
20 to 29 6.9% 43%
30 to 44 17.5% 7%
45 to 59 24.3% 21%
60 to 74 19.6% 16%
75 and over 6.7% 29%

This table shows the proportion of people that fall into each age group in this area.

Green boxes signify that this area has more people within this age category when compared against the wider region; conversely, red boxes show the age groups that have fewer people of that age living here.

What roads make up this area?

The residents of following roads fall within the catchment that make up this data set:

  • Boyes Close
  • Britton Close
  • Burrow Corner
  • Burrow Court
  • Chapel Close
  • Chapel Cottages
  • Church Path
  • Clarke Close
  • Cordwents View
  • Corner Lane
  • Crosses Cottages
  • Crossparks
  • Crown Hill
  • Fishers Way
  • Four Cross Avenue
  • Golden Harvest Cottages
  • Green Acre
  • Greenway
  • Halberton Road
  • High Street
  • Hill Head
  • Locks Cottages
  • Lockshallis Cottages
  • Lower Close
  • Lower Town
  • Manley Cottages
  • Mill Stream Gardens
  • Muxbeare Lane
  • Old Bridwell
  • Orchard View
  • Orpington Court
  • Pethertons
  • Pigsfoot Cottages
  • Pond Hill
  • Post Hill
  • Rockhill
  • Staple Gate
  • Townsend Gardens
  • Westdown
  • Widhayes Cottages
  • Willand Road

Other areas within Halberton, Mid Devon