Rules for buyers
We don't allow our members to use The Move Market to contact each other to make offers to buy or sell properties outside of The Move Market. Also, members can't use information obtained from The Move Market to contact each other about buying or selling outside of The Move Market.
If you receive an offer to buy or sell outside The Move Market, please report it.
Make sure you follow these guidelines. If you don't, you may be subject to a range of actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges, restrictions on listings and account features, suspension of your account, and recovery of our expenses in policy monitoring and enforcement.
Below are some examples of what is allowed and not allowed:
Some examples of activities that are allowed include:
- Sellers can end a listing early in order to sell an item at sooner.
- Bidders can ask sellers to end a listing early and sell at the current bid price, but sellers don't have to honour the request.
Some examples of activities that aren't allowed include:
- Using member contact information obtained from The Move Market or using any system of The Move Market to offer to sell any listed property outside of The Move Market.
- Posting or displaying contact information in a listing, including email, phone number, and mailing address, without the permission of The Move Market or except as required by law.
- Cancelling a listing to sell to a buyer who found the item on The Move Market.
- Ending an auction-style listing early to sell the property to the winning bidder a price higher than the current bid.
- Offering to sell a property to a non-winning bidder.
- In your listing page or in communications with another member of The Move Market, you can't refer to or promote your personal website (including links to home page web addresses that promote websites outside of The Move Market), sales outside of The Move Market or other businesses.